Tonight, the Telegraph carries some headline plans we can expect from the Chancellor tomorrow. With no plans to raise direct income tax for the many just 6 weeks before an election, Labour will instead opt to take £40 out the pockets of nearly every worker in this country by freezing tax bands.
Some of what the Telegraph expects:
- Freezing tax bands to raise a £1billion by stealth
- 5% hike on beer, wine and spirits
- 3p on petrol and diesel
- 50p tax rate to start this April
- Abolition of tax allowance for high earners
- Freezing inheritance tax allowances, taking an additional £60m from grieving estates
13 years of Labour, many more years of pain.